Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Honeymoon is Over ...

I've been bragging for the last few weeks about what a good baby we have ... he rarely cries and pretty much sleeps through the night! That is all over. I think it is a mix of a growth spurt and a little cold, but we have had some long nights for the past few days. We have been seeing a lot of this face ... haha ... he's still cute, but not happy!


We were originally planning on taking a little trip this weekend, but with Eli having a cold - we decided against it. On Friday we went downtown and had dinner with a group from Vic's platoon and had a great time. He got really lucky and works with some good guys. Vic found a new drink of choice called Killer Kool-aid ... I think the group ordered about 50 of these all together.


On Saturday we drove about an hour to an outlet mall to do a little shopping. We were happy to find that they had a lot of stores we were used to in the states and we got some great deals. We didn't do too much for the rest of the weekend. Vic is gearing up to leave for a month long mission in a couple days ... so he just wanted to relax. He started playing basketball with some of the (much younger) guys in his platoon ... and he's definitely feeling the effects :) 

Elliott turns one month this week and I can't believe how fast time is flying by and how big he is getting!! Here are some pictures from this weekend ...

It wouldn't be a blog entry without a picture of Eli and his best friends. I went to check on him during a nap and found both the dogs camped out next to him. 


He is almost fitting into 0-3 month clothes, although I have to roll the pants a couple times. I love this little outfit ...


This is one of his calmer moments from this weekend ... Vic is an expert at getting him to stop crying ...


I have been able to start making some bottles so Vic can get in on the feeding action ... with some help from Lola, of course ...


His cheeks are getting chubbier by the week!


Vic was finally able to catch a Duke game at a decent hour, so Elliott wanted to wear his onsie and cheer along with daddy ...

Our stuff is supposed to come this week, but I'm starting to lose hope as we haven't heard from the moving company yet. I wanted it to come before Vic left for a month, but now I will have plenty to keep me busy!! That's about all I have this week ... keep your fingers crossed that Eli is just going through a phase and we get our angelic baby back in a couple days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment