Friday, December 7, 2012

Snowed In ...

Ok, so we're not really 'snowed in', but it's too cold to do anything!! I don't see us taking any trips until the sun comes back. In the meantime, we're just working on the house, and getting everything ready for E's first Christmas!

Check out the views from our little slice of winter paradise. This is the Grafenwhoer Tower which is in the center of post. I pulled this picture from the Grafenwhoer Facebook page after our first BIG snow earlier this week. This is pretty much my view when I walk out of work, but since you can't take photos on-post - I thought I'd just steal it instead.

The Germans reaction to snow is a little different than back home. In the states, if there's a big snow coming, crews will be out hours before covering the streets with salt, and then they will continuously plow while it's coming down. The Germans, on the other hand, like to wait until the snow is done, and then go out and deal with it ... and they don't seem to be privy to the use of salt trucks. Either way, we have managed quite well, and Vic has been shoveling like a mad man.

At work they have still been sending the kids out to recess, and since I have the joy of recess duty - I'm forced to participate in that madness. On the upside - I get to use a megaphone to yell at anyone throwing snowballs, or any other inappropriate snow play. I love yelling at people, and being bossy ... so this is the perfect gig for me.

I will post more pictures tomorrow, as the computer is being slow at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment