Sunday, November 11, 2012

Finally!

We are finally fully settled in ... complete with Internet and phone! Life is good here in Grafenwoehr  - very different from Schweinfurt (good and bad), but we're getting used to everything. The new house is amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Because we are on a back corner lot, we are essentially invisible to our neighbors ... and it's fantastic. We are living off-post, so we don't have to show our ID's, and go through security checks just to get home ... so we feel a little more normal.

Elliott has fully adjusted to daycare and he loves it. He doesn't even look back when I drop him off in the mornings, which makes me a little sad. I am very happy with the daycare, and the staff ... so that makes my day a lot easier.

E's room is huge ... and he has tons of space to play. He isn't happy until every last toy is off the shelf ...


He did great during the move, and had to spend a lot of time in his playpen while we were unpacking and setting things up. The picture below is how he would watch Baby Einstein with his face smashed against the netting. Unfortunately, we are going to the end of the Baby Einstein obsession ... which I have been dreading. He is on to bigger and better things, like; chasing Roscoe and Lola, unraveling toilet paper, pulling all of my shoes out of the closet, attempting to climb the stairs, etc. He is in to everything!


We had our first snow on the weekend before Halloween. We ended up getting a couple of inches, but it didn't stick around for too long. I don't think this is a good sign for the winter to come ...


Eli's first Halloween was pretty exciting! We carved a pumpkin at home, which he was extremely interested in ...



He had a party at daycare where he dressed up as a skeleton. These are the stairs that he attempts to climb, and nearly gives me a heart attack. I have looked away for a second and found him standing on the second ostair while hanging onto the gate for dear life.


Vic and I picked him up from daycare, and headed to a Halloween 'Fun' run put on by Vic's Battalion.



He changed into his lion costume, and looked adorable ... of course.


Our neighborhood was the mecca of trick or treating, and was FULL of children from post AND German kids trying to get in on the action. In the craziness of the day - I forgot to buy candy (whoops), so we closed all the blinds and ignored the doorbell.


If you're wondering what to get Eli for Christmas - just send him an empty box ... it seems to be his favorite thing to play with.

Here's a video of E crawling like a pro. It's hard to get good footage because he's so fast! At the rate he's going, I'm thinking I'll have a video of him walking by Christmas!

I also just discovered that his top two teeth are coming in!


The new job is going pretty well. I'm working in the Special Ed department with a first grade student. The job itself isn't hard, but it is SUCH an adjustment from where I came from. I'm not used to crying, boogers, tattling, hugs, etc. The kids are hilarious, but I have never worked with first graders ... so it's going to take awhile to get used to these things.

Things are going great, and we are really looking forward to E's first Thanksgiving (Vic's favorite holiday), and ... of course, Christmas!

I will get pictures of the house up soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment