Sunday, July 21, 2013

We Love Summer!!

The past two weeks have been some of the best weather we have seen in Germany so far. Nice and sunny, but not too hot! We spent most of this weekend outside, and it was fantastic.

On Friday night we tested out our new babysitter. We drove about 45 minutes to a steakhouse in Amberg called Kupferpfandl (Americans call it Frenchys), and it was well worth the drive. For the first time we were not given the option of an English menu (we have been spoiled), so ordering was a little tough. We probably got a few stares, but I busted out the iPhone and did some table-side translating. We both ended up with steaks of some sort and it was delicious!

On Saturday we got up bright and early and headed to the market in Weiden. This is one my my new favorite activities. The market area has tons of fresh meat, produce, cheese, wine, etc ... and everyone is just sitting outside and loving life. I have been buying strawberries every week because they are much better in price and quality than the crap at the Commissary!

We took the top off the Jeep ... Elliott loves it!! We're hoping for another week of no rain before we have to go through the hassle of getting the thing back on ...


Little walkway in Weiden that leades to the market ...


Vic and I are trying to eat healthy since we have our big trip to Spain coming up, but I accidentally ate this ...

We have been spending a lot of our time in the back yard ... Elliott is easily entertained with bubbles and the dogs.



On Saturday night we met up with a some other couples and went to Steak on a Stone in Pottenstein. This is the place where you cook your own meet on this slab of rock. This was one of our friend's T-Bone steak ... it was enormous. Again, I was too chicken to try this cooking technique, so I stuck to my breaded chicken. Vic ordered an appetizer of smoked salmon and Elliott loved it ... so weird.


On Sunday we headed to a nearby lake with the same friends from dinner and it was awesome. They had a great area for kids and we just relaxed and got some sun. It's safe to say that we will be headed back next weekend ... and all future nice weekends ...

Vic is on to hobbling at this point ... he still needs his crutches most of the time, but he's making big progress.



I think if the water was warmer he would have gladly gone in, but he is, obviously, having a great time ...





Elliott had his ear surgery and tonsil removal this week. The surgery was quick, but he had a lot of trouble coming out of the anesthesia. He is doing great though ... I have noticed a huge difference in his behavior, sleeping, and talking in just a week!

I am finished with classes for the summer and i have a whole month until Fall semester starts. I am so excited and I don't even know what to do with myself. Elliott naps for three hours during the day, so I am going to attempt to be constructive during that time.

Keeps your fingers crossed for us that this weather hangs around ... Germany is a much more enjoyable place when the sun is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment