Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend of Relaxing ...

I feel like we have been traveling non-stop for the past month, so this weekend we have done nothing but lounge around ... and eat. It's been great.

Last weekend we headed to Munich to sightsee for the day and then drop Vic's friend at the airport the next morning. My streak of booking nice hotels is officially over - since I put us up in the Red Light District ... nestled right between two strip clubs. The hotel itself wasn't too bad, but our room was a 1-star - at best. We made it work, and thank goodness we just needed it for the night!

Car ride to Munich ... he was great ...


Main square in Munich.


Running around in front of the Rathskeller ...


He loved the big lions ...


In the palace gardens ...


We were a week short of Oktoberfest, but we still stopped by the, ever popular, Hofbrauhaus. It was packed, but we got an awesome table. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the men in their lederhosen, but I was too focused on my gigantic beer.

This is a liter ... and it was delicious!



Elliott was bouncing off the walls in this place, but loved listening to the traditional Bavarian music.

Peek-a-boo with beer coasters.


He was crawling under the table, and would take quick breaks to watch his show. Doesn't Vic look like he's having so much fun???


This picture cracks me up. I didn't realize he had his finger in his nose until after I took the picture. Hilarious.


His first ice cream cone ...

It was a great little trip. We have a few little things planned, but mostly we are going to lay low until our big cruise at the end of November. I am researching my brains out so we can have the smoothest trip possible.

Elliott's vocabulary has tripled in the last couple of weeks ... I am amazed at how quickly he can pick things up. He loves to read, and it's so funny to watch him read to himself some of the books we have read a million times together.

If you're thinking of Christmas/birthday gifts - books are always welcome (especially over drum sets) ... if I have to read Corduroy or The Very Hungry Caterpillar one more time - my brain might explode!


I thought this video was funny - he gets so excited when he gets to show off his belly!!


That's all that is going on here ... now it's back to school work for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment