Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring has sprung ...

It has been a beautiful weekend here! Yesterday I cleaned the grill and got out our patio furniture. So exciting.

Today E and I woke up early and headed to a little animal park about an hour away. It was really pretty, and Elliott had a blast, but I'm not sure it will be worth another hour-long drive.


The had a beautiful duck pond. This park was uphill in every direction ... it was pretty intense with a stroller, and I definitely wore the wrong shoes.


Elliott's favorite books are the 'Llama Llama' series, so he was so excited to see this guy ...


On the way to the zoo I asked Elliott what animal he wanted to see ...
- Dinosaur mama ...
- Elliott there are no dinosaurs at the zoo ... what else?
- Monster.
- No monsters either ...
- Ok, a sloth.

Seriously?? Aren't kids supposed to be excited for piggies and horses ... and mine wants to see a sloth??

He's also obsessed with poop. So for every animal we saw he had to ask 'dat poop?' ... yessss, Elliott, that poops. Haha, so intriguing.


I scored a nice little tricycle from our friend whose son is about a year older than Elliott. It's great and has a handle on the back so I can control where he goes. We have been getting a lot of use out of it!



We had to get the oil changed on Friday, so we walked over to this cafe on post. I split up our food and then went to go fill up our drink - I got stuck talking to someone and when I came back he had eaten all three pieces of MY bacon!! Being a mom is so rough when you have to share bacon ...

I asked if if he ate all the bacon and he said ... 'ooooh yeah mama, dat was yummy' and he patted his belly just to rub it in a little more ...


Elliott and Channing crack me up. They are like two old men who have been friends for years.



I love this video, and I wish I could have capture their whole exchange, but I only caught the tail-end.


No word on Vic ... not even a peep. Hopefully we get some news in the next week. I'm trying to be patient, but, at this point, I'm just hoping his home by mid-May to make it on the Paris trip!

School is ... going. Ball State has Spring Break coming up, so I will get a week, or so, of light work. ONly about five weeks left of this semester, so I can definitely see the light.

We have nothing too exciting coming up. Elliott has been doing great in daycare during the few hours he goes each week. He actually will ask to go now - which makes things much easier on me.

I'll keep everyone updated if I hear any news from Vic!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going okay and mr e is so funny. I love seeing pictures of him and he cracks papa up. Let us know when you hear from Vic. Love,
    Mimi and papa

    ReplyDelete