Sunday, July 27, 2014

Taking it Easy.

We are enjoying our three weeks of no traveling, and no big plans. Vic starts the ACAP process tomorrow - which is basically a week of classes from 8:00-5:00 on transitioning out of the Army. Sounds like a ton of fun, but it is a big sign that our time in Germany is coming to a close! It's crazy to think that in less than three months our stuff will be gone! I'm already getting nervous about our belongings making it safely to Florida! I think we have a good plan on how to get ourselves and the dogs home - we just hope the Army cooperates with said plans!

I booked our last trip this week, and I'm officially done. Our last six months look like: a quick weekend in Amsterdam and our Greece cruise in October, the beaches of Normandy in November and Spain in December. In between there we'll figure out a date for Oktoberfest, and we still want to see a soccer game. Busy, busy, busy ... time is going to fly!

Here are a few videos from the past week or so ...

We read a couple of books before bed each night, and The Monster at the End of the Book is one of his favorites. My dad used to read this to my brother and I, so it makes me laugh that he loves it so much ...


He's been really into singing lately. He'll follow along to some of the songs on the movies he watches, and it cracks me up because he can usually only catch every other word and then he mumbles stuff in between. This is Let it Go from Frozen ...


We headed to the zoo in Nuremberg on Saturday. It was perfect weather and we had a great day.

The goats were really aggressive ... Elliott gets rammed at one point! Excuse Vic's cursing ... he's not a farm-animal-type person ...


Check out the enormous pretzel we scored for 3 euro ... hilarious ... it was half the size of E.



Checking out the donkeys ...


We have no big plans for this week, and Vic has duty this weekend - which should give me time to start getting the house in order for Vanessa, Boris and Lili's big visit!!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love. I am in Charlotte and Thomas just watched the videos. I would say that mr . E is not afraid of much. Hard to believe that it is time to start thinking about leaving Germany. Time goes so fast. Have fun with your family who are coming to visit. Love you all. Mimi and paps

    ReplyDelete