Sunday, August 10, 2014

Grafenwoehr Volksfest

Last weekend we decide to brave the Volksfest. We went later in the evening on Sunday - hoping the crowds would have died down. Wrong. It was still, very much, packed - probably with more Germans than Americans, but we still had fun. Elliott was in heaven - he loves all things involved in the Volksfests ... and Vic and I just like the beer and food.

They didn't have a ton of kid's rides, but we put him on every one of them ...


They had a great display of German and American military equipment, and E could have spent all day checking it out. This is a massive German tank, and the soldiers lifted him up on top, and then let him sit inside for a bit.


Not sure what this was ... think it was American though ...


The German tank again ...




Some more rides ...



We didn't stay too long, and were still hungry when we left, so we headed to our favorite schnitzel stand right in our neighborhood. They have all these animals carved out of wood, so Elliott spends most of the time running around like a crazy person.


I started work this week and Elliott went back to his full-time slot in daycare. He did so great, and I love my position so far. It's very laid-back, and I don't have a ton of responsibility - which is exactly what I was looking for! In the next couple weeks I'll get to choose what room I want to be in, and I'm torn between infants and preschoolers! It is great to work in the same building as Elliott - although it will take some getting used to on his end.

We are on the eve of our big vacation with Vanessa, Boris and Lili!! I can't wait to post pictures of our adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment