Saturday, January 7, 2012

Busy week

It was a big week for Vic and I. First and foremost, we finally ordered curtains!! They should be here in a few weeks, and I'm sure the neighborhood will be just as happy as us to see them go up. We also are attempting to paint Baby Eli's room ... it's still an empty nursery at 38-weeks, but at least the walls will look good.Tomorrow I'm calling about our household goods shipment, so keep your fingers crossed that our stuff is almost here and the boat hasn't capsized. This is the bed the Army loaned us ... so you can imagine why we're so eager to get our stuff!


I passed my German driving test on Tuesday!! It was just a written test, no driving - and let's face it, I wouldn't have fared so well if driving was involved. On Saturday we took the Jeep for its first trip on the Autobahn. We were headed to the Ikea in Wurzburg to get a kitchen table. The trip there was perfect, but I may have overdone it shopping and could have swore I was going into labor before we reached the checkout lane. Mix that with getting lost on the way home and we had a full-blown hormonal breakdown on our hands. Vic held it together well, but he has cancelled all further out of town trips ... and I don't blame him. This is what 38 weeks is looking like ... enough already!


We had our third doctor's appointment this week, and everything seems to be moving along as scheduled. Our regular doctor is on 'holiday' so we saw her replacement ... a very nice, but completely ditzy woman. While doing the 3-D ultrasound she looked really confused for a couple minutes and then turned to Vic and said, 'Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing'. She turned the machine to the regular ultrasound and had a little more luck - but not really. This was the best shot that we got ... and we're hoping our regular doctor is back before Eli decides to come! I've decided he is going to have huge lips and definitely Vic's nose!


The doctor seems to think he could come tomorrow or two weeks from now - I'm not ready for tomorrow, but I don't want to wait two more weeks!
With no more trips planned, this will probably be the last post until we meet Eli!! I will have internet in the hospital, so I'll be able to update everyone by text/email. We're excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment