Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stubborn Baby

After the news at our last doctor's appointment, I was sure Eli would be promptly on his way ... it appears he has other plans though. Maybe it's the cold weather or he could even be waiting for our furniture to arrive ... but either way, he hasn't budged an inch in the past two weeks. The good news is that our regular doctor is back, and she has given us the choice of deciding when to induce - although she suggests we at least wait until the actual due date. Since I know very little about inducing labor, aside from what I just googled, I am going to follow her advice and give Eli until the 23rd to come out on his own. We head back next Tuesday and will most likely be inducing later on in the week!
Our doctor tried for at least ten minutes to get a good picture today, but he just wasn't cooperating. At one point he had both arms, a foot and the umbilical cord pulled across his face. He's getting a little too comfortable in there.This is the best we got when he decided to peek out for a minute ...


She said everything is looking good, and at almost 8 lbs ... he's going to be a big baby! Speaking of BIG ... I have become too large for a pair of maternity pants. These are the same pants that I bought because the sales lady at Macy's said they were impossible to out-grow. Seriously. This picture does me no favors in the looks department, but you get the gist of how enormously huge I am.


In non-baby related news ... we are still awaiting the arrival of our curtains and I would like to formally apologize to the neighborhood for my pink robe that continues to shrink in length as my baby bump increases in width. Vic's new tech-savvy computer did arrive, and he has been glued to this thing. He is currently tuning out my complaints of swollen hands and my fear of impending stretch marks.
Vic is having a big week ... his one-year Army anniversary was January 17th and his 34th birthday is on Saturday! The Army one-year wasn't cause for much celebration, but we're planning something fun for his birthday - where I will most likely serve as the designated driver. Since he was in Basic Training last year, this is the first time we have spent his birthday together ... exciting stuff!
Anyway, we're going to try to get the most out of our last 'baby free' days and just try to relax. Hopefully this time next week Eli  will be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment