Thursday, January 9, 2014

Visit to the Zoo ...

We have been having some fantastic weather for winter in Bavaria standards. This week E and I ventured out to the Nuremberg Zoo ... we have been before, but I just wanted to get out of the house and do something different. We had a blast ... the place was empty and all of the animals were in full swing. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but my hands were a little full chasing this mad man everywhere.


This goat almost stole E's glove right off his hand ... E's response? Hey, hey, hey ... that NOT nice!!


We watched the monkeys for a good 30 minutes ... they were hilarious.


We also started to check out the storytime at the library on-post and it's awesome. Look at E - front and center, and he was the first to answer a few questions! At one point he was the only kid sitting and listening to the story. So proud ... 


Elliott is a huge fan of Burger King french fries. Nothing helps him behave while grocery shopping like the promise of "fry-fries". We went last Sunday and they happen to have the Colts game on, so we stayed for almost two hours!! What a way to spend a Sunday, right??


E was thoroughly entertained the whole time. There was even another family watching the game, so he had a couple friends to play with ...


We have been taking the dogs on walks every morning. I can make it a little further each day, but we're usually gone for about 30 - 40 minutes. Elliott is hilarious in this backpack - I think it gives him a certain level of authority? He is very bossy with the dogs ... 'slow down Lala - no running', 'c'mon RoRo - keep up', 'no no eat dat - dats gucky' ...


This was a colder morning, but we usually go back in the woods behind our neighborhood!


There's good times, and then there are these times ...


We only have a couple full-blown meltdowns a week ... and this is one of them. This was caused after I took E's shoes off ... because he asked me to take his shoes off?? I can't understand this toddler logic. Anyway, he screamed and cried for a good 30-minutes ... and I just went about my business - only pausing to snap this quick photo. When he was done he came into the living room and said, "hey mama, wanna play?" ... glad he doesn't hold grudges!

I can't believe he turns two in just a couple of weeks!! We've already started practicing how old he is ...


Vic is still doing well! He's had a bit of a cold, but finally got his hands on some medicine. We're busy here getting a nice big care package together for his birthday on the 21st!!

1 comment: