Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two weeks old ...

Today Eli turned the big two weeks!! We've had a rough couple of nights, but he is still such a good baby. We have made several outings and he has slept through all of them. He hates his bassinet, which is causing a lot of the nighttime issues ... hopefully we'll have better luck with his crib once it arrives.

Eli's first bath went great! It is like 6 degrees in Schweinfurt, and our apartment is really drafty, so we made it quick ... but he loved it! 


Lola hasn't let up on the guard duty. She's so protective over him! Roscoe has stopped acknowledging him all together ... he's definitely a little jealous.  


We  made our first dinner outing as a family this week. We went with the neighbors to a restaurant across from our neighborhood called Brazils. The place is funny, it's called Brazils but they serve Mexican food ... along with German, and Italian-Asian fusion (whatever that is). Either way, we have been there a few times and I love it. They play really good music and during the summer they have the big outdoor area - so we're excited about that. Side note, Vic thought he was ordering a margarita like you find in the states ... and they brought him out this girly looking drink - he switched to a beer after he downed his cocktail.


Vic was on paternity leave all last week, and it was awesome having him around. He's a huge help and so funny with Eli. He was supposed to have a few more days, but he was called back early to go to the field for a week. They have him sleeping in a tent in this crazy weather, so I know he's ready to come home!


 I've decided that Elliott looks nothing like me. I had my mom e-mail my baby picture to me and I think he got that little chin from me, and everything else is Vic. I am still holding out hope for blue eyes though. But seriously, how cute is that little face???


I went to the mall with Kim (neighbor girl) and another friend today, who both have toddler boys ... they played on the playground while Eli slept . It was nice to get out of the house and hang out with other girls ... plus I got a taste of what  I'll be dealing with in a year and a half!


Tomorrow Eli has his two week check-up! I cried when Roscoe got his first shots, so I'm sure I'll be a mess. Vic and I are also planning our first trip with the baby on President's Day weekend ... we decided since Elliott is so good on outings we'll try for a close little trip first. I think we'll check out Bamberg, which is about 20 minutes by train.

I'll try to do a better job of updating this thing ... there's just not much to show besides a sleeping baby right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment