Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy Busy Busy ...

This week was crazy for us ... meetings, get-togethers, bake sales, final exams, etc. We definitely enjoyed our weekend ... even if the weather didn't cooperate.

I finished my first semester of courses!! My final paper was a beast ... it ended up being about 15 pages of nonsense, but it's done and turned in! I'm still waiting for my final grade and semester grade.

I also ran my first bake sale ... exciting stuff, I know. One of my fellow unit spouses and friend, Vanessa, runs a little cupcake shop out of her house, so she was our main draw ... but even I made some cookie - and, yes, people ate them! We ended up raising a good deal of money to send care packages to our deployed soldiers, so I'm excited to go shopping for them!


Great news! We finally found a trustworthy babysitter!!! We tested her out on Saturday night, and tried out a German movie theater for the first time. They occasionally show movies in English, so we caught Iron Man 3D! It was an interesting experience for a couple reasons ... 1. They serve beer! 2. They don't have butter popcorn ... only kettle corn - this was upsetting. 3. A nice little lady comes in after the previews and sells ice cream ... normally I would take advantage of this, but I was downing my beer. 4. The previews were in German ... it was very comical to see American actors with German voices ...


We are still waiting for Vic's leave to be approved for Austria over Memorial Day weekend! We have a cute little hotel booked right in Salzburg ... and our itinerary all planned out! The Sound of Music was filmed in Salzburg, so we should get some beautiful pictures ...

Last Sunday I went to attend a spouses event, and walked into a conference room to see this giant poster of Vic shooting a large gun ...

I thought that was pretty cool!


A lady I work with cleaned out her basement, and gave Elliott a TON of awesome toys ... so we moved them to our basement and set-up a playroom! We are waiting for some bins and organizers to come, but he loves it so far ...



We are hoping for nice weather next weekend so we can take a day trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment