Thursday, June 20, 2013

Barf ...

Here is a little something to start your day ... I hope none of you are eating breakfast ...


Gross, right??? Obviously this is Vic's foot ... which looks like it might be dead, but the doctor said it is healing just fine. It hurts me to look at ... and makes me want to throw up a little bit.

Onto lighter topics ... last weekend was Father's day and we had some fantastic weather. Actually the past week has been great ... high 80s and plenty of sun. This weather has sent most people running to buy fans and A/C units (Germans do not believe in central air), but not us ... we love it! Our third floor is a little warm with out air conditioning, but the middle floor is livable, and the basement is still nice and cool! I am hoping this sticks around for awhile!

In finishing up my last week of course, and a couple of final projects - I forgot about purchasing Father's Day presents - or mailing any for that matter (sorry dad - I'll make up for it, and buy you a big beer in Spain!) ... so I ran the night before and frantically searched for a gift. The PX on post isn't exactly ripe with fashionable clothes or desirable gifts, so I settled on an electric toothbrush! Woohooooo .. in my defense - he really did want one of these gadgets ... can't you just see the excitement on his face???


I also cooked up an amazing dinner of these kabobs (is that how you spell that word?) ... if you know anything about my fear of raw meat - you can guess that this meal was absolutely terrifying for me. Not only did I have to chop raw meat into cubes, but then I had to touch it and stab it with this metal rod ... ugh, the things you do for love. Anyway,


Elliott is really enjoying himself and his freedom from daycare. We have spent a lot of time going on walks and hanging out in the backyard. He loves playing with his bubbles and chasing the dogs around ...


Look at this mischievous grin ... I'm pretty sure Roscoe was fed half of his breakfast ...


My couponing stockpile is getting a little out of hand ... and this is only half ... and my wall of diapers is equally impressive ...

Nothing on this shelf was over a dollar ... and I think we are all set on detergent for awhile ...


Life is a little less stressful since work ended ... my first session of summer school is complete (with two A's - might I add), but the next classes have already started. These two seem to be my easiest ones yet, so hopefully they go quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment