Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ready for a vacation!!

Wow ... it has been a couple rough weeks over here!! Last weekend we all had the flu or some kind of equally horrible stomach virus. Let it be known that it was NOT from anything I cooked ... I swear. A couple of other kids at Elliott's daycare had the same thing, and it spread in our house like wildfire. It was a only a 12-hour thing ... thank God, but it was not an enjoyable experience for anyone involved. This is one, of the many times, that I wish we had family close by to help out ... or at least bring some Gatorade and soup!

My classes are not going too well either ... and I am currently battling with one professor who seems to have it out for me. I really think she does not like the fact that I am taking her course from Germany (mostly because it is making extra work for her because I can't participate in certain group activities), and she is taking it out on my grade. This is the first professor who has not been 100% understanding in my situation, so I am not really sure how to deal with her attitude. Either way, she is the only professor who teaches this course in an online setting, so I'm stuck, and I need to power through it! I do believe that my straight A's will be coming to an end with this course ... 

Elliott is doing great. We have had some concerns with his speech in recent weeks, so we contacted a speech therapist on post, and she came out to do an evaluation this week. He is saying the right amount of words, but is dropping certain sounds (he will say 'ot' instead of hot or 'nack' instead of 'snack') ... maybe not a huge deal, but with his ear/hearing issues - we just wanted to be on the safe side. The evaluation went great, and he is actually developmentally ahead of where he is supposed to be, and the therapist said she does not see any issues with his speech at the moment! Great news. 

The first weekend of October we are headed on a little weekend trip to the city of Pilsen in the Czech Republic. It is right across the border and they are having a big beer festival. Due to the exchange rate - we can live like kings in the Czech Republic! We reserved a really nice room in the city center, and we plan to check out the zoo and some other great sights. 

Vic's friend is coming in mid-October for a week, so we have some great trips planned while he is here!!

We are at our two month mark for our big cruise!! Vic's leave has still not been approved (yikes), but we are fairly certain that issue will work itself out!! 

Unfortunately, for once, I don't have many pictures to post ... 

But this one is hilarious. Seriously, look at the attitude. This is the face he gave me when I turned off the tv and told him that we needed to get ready for school. He stared me down with this evil eye for a good couple of minutes. I think we're in trouble ... 

Please note the disgusting burp cloths that he still carries around!!


Much happier times ...


I have sanitized the house from top to bottom, so keep your fingers crossed that we avoid any further puke-fests in the Rosario household!! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment