Saturday, March 10, 2012

Two weeks down, two to go!


It's been a pretty slow week here. Vic is a little more than halfway done with this field exercise, and the end can not come soon enough!!!

This week we received definite confirmation that we are moving. Vic's unit, for the most part, will be gone by the end of the summer, but we won't be leaving until October. We are waiting behind because we just got to Schweinfurt, and we have to wait for the new fiscal year to start before we can move again. Either way, I'm really excited. The new post is much bigger with WAY better housing and more things to do. There's even a dog park!! 

We also heard back from the claims department about our missing and damaged things. It looks like we will almost get fully reimbursed! The only thing that we lost on was the couch - instead of paying to replace it, they will only pay to repair it. The important thing is - Vic will be able to get his new TV as soon as he gets home.

Here's a couple pictures of the house ... we still need to hang pictures, but you get the idea ... 

Living room ... 


Dining room ... there's the new kitchen table from the trip to Ikea when I almost went into labor ...


Our bookshelf was destroyed in the move, so I just threw a bunch of stuff on this shelving unit. Notice the start of Vic's beer stein collection!


Eli's crib is complete! This was a gift from Vic's mom and sister, and it's beautiful! It converts into a toddler bed and then to a full size bed, so E should have this thing forever!


Here's a picture of Vic in the field! I keep getting questions about where he's at, or what he's doing ... and I honestly have no clue about the point or location of this exercise. All I know is that he works a lot, and apparently, he gets to carry around a large rifle.


This weekend Kim and I took the boys to a free little zoo in Schweinfurt. It was really cute, and I can't wait to go back during the summer.


They had these big E's everywhere ... for Elliott, obviously ...


We have a lot more smiling going on!! I have found that the more idiotic I act (singing, dancing, crazy faces), the bigger he smiles ...


A couple days ago I put him down in his crib while I did a couple things around the house. I fully expected him to fall asleep in there, but instead he spent almost two hours 'talking' to this bear. I guess he's easily entertained!


Although he doesn't look too impressed here, he loves sitting up in this little seat ...


I love when he falls asleep like this ...




... always with that little arm in the air.

Anyway, Vic gets home in a couple weeks and he is going to try to take a week of leave so we can do a little traveling. We're thinking about hitting Prague and Heidelberg ... and a few other places. With the exception of Prague, we're sticking to mostly day trips, so we don't have to worry about the dogs. I can't wait to get out and start exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment