Thursday, April 24, 2014

Almost done ... I'm serious this time ...

Ok ... seriously. Vic is almost home! Expect some good pictures by the end if the week :) I'm busy getting the house ready and stocking the fridge. 

E and I didn't do anything too exciting this week. I had finals and a couple bigs papers due ... so I had to take advantage of every nap and minute of bedtime for Elliott-free work time. I turned in my last paper on Friday afternoon, and I'm so happy to be done with this semester. I have almost three weeks until the summer semester starts!

Here is E eating his ice cream on the steps of the Eschenbach Rathaus ... I love this little town. This is their Easter fountain ...


He finally chose a good flavor - strawberry!


We had some great weather this week and weekend - and we definitely need to invest in some outdoor toys for this poor kid. Here he is playing with a bucket of water ...


Fingerprinting ...



Watering the grass ...


I try to take E to the park every morning so I can wear him out in the hopes that he will take a nice long nap. He's getting so brave ...


He wouldn't dare go across this thing two weeks ago ...


In Friday we skipped gymnastics to go bowling with the soldiers from Vic's unit. Elliott and his friend Kazilee shared a lane, and it was about the slowest 10 frames ever bowled - in the history of bowling. They had fun though ... and E won - not that I was keeping score or anything.


I love this time of year in Germany. I think it's hell on earth for anyone with allergies, but absolutely beautiful. These are rapeseed fields right outside of our town ... and they go on for miles and miles. This picture does no justice for the true sight, but you get the idea. They only last a few weeks before they are harvested, so I had to pull over and get this shot. This is the last time we'll be able to see them in bloom!


I'm not sure what we'll so next weekend with Vic, but it will be nice to have him home!! E has been asking to go to the zoo, so maybe we'll do that.

We have a month until our Paris trip - I'm so excited to take Elliott to Disneyland!! I also booked us on a bus trip Budapest in July. It's an express trip - so we would leave here Friday night, spend all day in Budapest on Satuday, and drive back through the night to get home Sunday morning! Yikes. But, it's cheap and knocks another country off our bucket list!

Back to cleaning! I'll try to update this with 'welcome home' pictures by Thursday or Friday :)


1 comment:

  1. Yea, Vic is coming home!!! Please take pictures I want to see e and his daddy, you too. Glad your semester is over. My, that time went fast. Great pictures of e. I need him here to help me water my flowers.
    Going to n.c.to visit rob and family. Be home mon. Evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Weather is cool here, not happy about it. After the winter I am ready for some warm sunshine(. Another good reason for our n.c. Visit.
    Not much else going on, I can't imagine how excited you are for Vic's arrival. Enjoy.
    Love
    Mimi and papa

    ReplyDelete