Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Oh boy, what a week. Sunday night kicked off a 12-hour stomach virus that Elliott and I both got ... at the same time. Probably something from daycare, but it was vicious. I cannot even begin to describe the scene in this house from 6:30pm until 6:30am, but I will tell you that every blanket, bed sheet, and towel was utilized. Just horrible.

This has been one of my worst nightmares since Vic left ... I have even avoided cooking any type of raw meat (I have an irrational fear about this anyway) because I am so scared of getting sick. Well it was just as bad as I could have imagined, and I'm just lucky it was only a 12-hour bug. My friend Vanessa arranged for her husband to drop-off Gatorade and crackers, and that was our saving grace. No exaggeration ... I think I may have died without that Gatorade.

Anyway, once the violent, and I mean violent, vomiting stopped -  we spent the next 12-hours on the couch watching Disney movies. I don't think either of us ate a full meal until Wednesday night ... it completely drained us. I worked overtime to disinfect the entire house, and catch up on the insane amount of laundry that this puke-fest caused.

Here is us about two-hours after the plague had subsided ... Elliott bounced back a little quicker than me ...


We stayed in isolation for the next couple days, and then ventured out to the pool on Thursday with a few of our friends from the neighborhood playground. Nothing new except that Elliott learned to go down the slide backwards, and on his belly ... and then he did this for an hour.


Vic's footlockers made it home in one piece - although a little dusty, but no Vic yet. Hopefully he'll be following in the coming week(s). I've given up on listening to the dates being thrown around ... he'll get here when he gets here!


Elliot got haircut #2 on Friday. I was trying to wait for Vic, but it was just too crazy. He did great, and was so serious throughout the whole thing ...


We picked back up on gymnastics class after last week's spring break hiatus. He did so good - he listened and followed all the directions of the instructors. They played a little mini-soccer game and he was really coordinated with kicking the ball and keeping control of it - the dads in class were really impressed! Maybe we have a future soccer player on our hands??


Waiting his turn on the trampoline ...


On Saturday we went to an Easter event organized by Vic's unit. I had to get there extra early to help set-up, so I decided to skip E's nap entirely. This has never happen - the kid sleeps like clockwork from 12:00 to 3:00 everyday, so I was so nervous about how he would act. He actually did pretty good, but was definitely ready to go by 3:30, and he fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot.

Stopping by Burger King before the event ... he loves his fry-fries ...


Getting his face painted ... so serious. He asked for a lion, but the lady painted balloons? Whatever - I think there might have been a language barrier. I told him it was a lion anyway - he couldn't see it.


This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time. This is E's best girlfriend Kazilee ... he loves her, and their little faces are just so cute. I feel like he's looking at me like, "mommmm, stop taking pictures - you're embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend!"


Elliott had mixed feelings about the Easter bunny ... he ran right up to him, but then refused to look at him or move any closer.

A little better ... but he still wouldn't look at him. By the end of the event he was a little more comfortable, but then wouldn't leave the poor guy alone.


Easter egg hunt. E did really well, and I tried to hold back some of my competitiveness.


He was taking his sweet time. He had to open each egg as he found it, and if he didn't like the candy inside he would put it back down for somebody else.


This is when all the eggs were gone ... he was telling the kids, "all done" ...


A random shot from the park this weekend. The weather has been bi-polar ... sunny and 70 one day and rainy and 30 another.

This week should be fairly low-key ... I have one big paper due on Friday and this semester is a wrap!! I think my last two classes start mid-May, so I should get a couple weeks of downtime.

I hope everyone had a great Easter!! I'll keep you all updated on any news from Vic!

1 comment:

  1. As always enjoy your blog. So sorry you guys were so sick. I think worse than anything, you had to cope by yourself. Ugh! Wish we could help you.
    W hat a great hair cut. E looks cute, just like he and his little girlfriend. How sweet. You will think that in about 25yrs.

    Pa pa and I are fine. Weather here is good. The year is going quickly. Almost the 1st of may. I am sure for you time almost stands still. I hope Vic comes home soon. In the meantime, hang in there he will be home soon. Take care, hugs and kisses. Mimi& papa

    ReplyDelete