Saturday, April 12, 2014

Still Waiting ...

Vic update ... he's not here yet, but it's looking good at this point!! Maybe. I think. Who knows.

We should get some information on Monday, but either way - it can't be too much longer at this point.

Not much going on this week ... just cleaning and getting things organized in the house - both of which are extremely difficult with a toddler following behind you to mess everything up again. Elliott is crazy - have I mentioned this? I don't know where he gets some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. His new favorite word is 'ridiculous', but it comes out as dick-less (that sounds crude, but that's the only way I can write it for the way it sounds, and it's funny) ... and everything is dick-less to Elliott. For example, I'll say, "Elliott we can't go outside because it's raining" ... and he'll follow this by putting one finger in the air and saying, "Ok. Dats dick-less mama". I know he has to be picking some of this stuff up from me, as I am the only person he has extended interaction with, but I swear I have never said that - especially with one finger in the air. He's also really into talking about his feelings, and if you know me ... you know he does NOT get this from me. He's constantly telling me about his current state of being ... and always in first-person ... Elliott happy. Elliott mad at mama (I hear this a lot). And anytime I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do ... he's suddenly sad. Elliott can't do dat - Elliott sad.

I really think we're going to have our hands full here.

In other news ... April is the month of the military child - which basically just means there are a whole bunch of things going on around post (that should happen year-round, but whatever), and Elliott gets to participate in a lot of it at daycare. This week they had a dentist visit their classroom, and had a pajama day. Next week a military police officer and a K-9 unit are coming, along with some military equipment - which E will love. I think they also have 'dress like a soldier day' and other random visitors and activities throughout the month.

E made the cut for the big display at daycare ... he looks extra white in this picture - I swear he has some color to him ...


We went to the pool on Tuesday, and it was a good time. We had the place to ourselves - except for the older crowd who like to hang out in the jacuzzi pool. Germans love to stare ... like a dead-on, relentless, stare right at you. I have gotten used to it (Vic is still struggling), but they were in full force at the pool that morning. I have learned to just stare right back, and if that doesn't work ... I just give them a big, cheesy, "HALLO! GUTEN MORGEN!!" That usually does the trick.


This morning I watched Channing and his nine-month-old sister while my friend and her husband ran a race. It was fun ... and interesting. Elliott was extremely jealous of the baby. I couldn't feed her or hold her without E trying to climb in my lap too ... it made things a little difficult, and was a hint of possible things to come. E and Channing got along great, like always, and wore each other out. Elliott slept for 4.5 hours when they left!

This is the only picture I got ... as my hands were pretty full. Elliott is mad that Channing is using his cup and eating off his plate ... seriously, he needs a sibling.


Here are some pictures of Vic's elusive time in Turkey.

These are his battle buddies ... and guys that have the same MOS (job) as him. He got lucky - for as much time as he has to spend with these two - they are at least normal and intelligent ... it has made his life a little easier.


Looking into the city. You can see the missiles set up. I'm not going to say too much, so this post doesn't get flagged, but if you know what Vic is doing there - then you know what these are used for ...


This cracks me up ... like a 90's style boy band ... Army edition ...


We definitely can't wait until he's home. I don't complain too much on here because nobody wants to hear that, but this has been a rough 4ish months. I thought it would be easy with E being so young, but he's at the exact age to make it a horrible experience. He understands that Vic is gone, but can't understand why ... it has been heartbreaking at times. I truly have the utmost  respect for military families who go through this much longer and much more often than we had to do.

This blog should (hopefully) close the deployment chapter ... I think. Maybe. I'll keep you updated :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, try this again. How smart is mr e. how many two year olds know and use the word ridiculous. He is one smart boy in my opinion. I think of you all and know how hard it must be to be separated from Vic. I trust he will be home soon and you all can continue your family life. Brave girl you are, wish we lived next door. WitH that said, the weather is great and we are all fine. Take good care, give mr. E . A big hug from us, and one to you too. Love, mimi and papa

    ReplyDelete