Sunday, April 6, 2014

Almost Done!!!

Vic is so close to being home ... we think! Again, I'm not even going to mention a time frame because I'm scared of a jinx, but he should be showing up on our doorstep in the near future! The past week has been a little nuts with news and rumors going back and forth ... and back and forth, but it seems like they finally have their plan straight, and it's a good one.

Elliott and I have just been trying to stay as busy as possible. A lot of ice cream has been involved. Normally I make him share a cone, but last week he told me I eat too much, and then cried when I took the last bite. Since scoops are on 90 euro cents, I thought I would be a nice mom and let him get his own cone. He did great eating it by himself, but picked the worst flavors imaginable. The yellow is some kind of Spongebob Squarepant flavor and was absolutely horrid, and the blue was a bubble gum ... which wasn't too bad, but I can't imagine eating a scoop of it. He loved both, of course, and I stuck to my 'cookie' flavor - so delicious.


Obviously sick of taking pictures!


This is the city of Eschenbach - which we live right outside of, but, technically, inside the city limits. It is a teeny-tiny town, but they have a really cute marktplatz (downtown-ish) area with a cute little rathaus (town hall).  Elliott loves the fountain ...


The previously mentioned bubble gum flavor ...


I don't remember what flavor he chose this day, but he obviously was enjoying himself. Seriously, we eat a lot of ice cream ...



I was so happy to see that our post was FINALLY offering some kind of organized sport for under three-year-olds. There has never been anything like this, so I was quick to sign Elliott up for this awesome little gymnastics class. The best part - because Vic is deployed he gets to go for F-R-E-E ... my favorite word. It was a pretty good time, and Elliott really enjoyed himself. I could tell the instructors were still trying to get a handle on trying to run a class for little ones, but I think it will improve in the coming weeks. Elliott did awesome on the beam, and wasn't scared to try anything. His friend Channing is also in the class and they were actually really well-behaved together!



Our friends bought their daughter a trampoline and Elliott loves jumping with her. I refuse to buy one of these things, but we will surely enjoy this one whenever we visit. Elliott loves Kazilee - definitely his first crush, and he even picked a flower for her.


Potty training is going great, and we're going three weeks strong without a diaper!! I know we're still a long way off from overnights in undies - considering E gets up religiously at midnight to drink a full glass of milk, but we'll deal with that in good time ... or when daddy is home to help. 

Elliott and I joined a playgroup ... just moms and kids from around the neighborhood. This is not really my style, but we'll see how it goes! Once Vic is home our daycare prices will increase greatly, so I'm looking for other options to get Elliott out and about with other kids. We are hosting this weeks get-together, and expecting about seven kids ... yikes ...  

I doubt Vic will be home by next week's blog posting, but I will probably have some more definite news!!! Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he does love ice cream. He does remarkable with the cone. Good coordination., I still will not mention you know who. It sounds good that things are about to change for you and E.no great exciting news from here. Rain has replaced snow, but still gloomy
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did not get to finish. Love the pics and cannot believe how big e is getting. Take care. Love you all. Mimi

    ReplyDelete