Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Trip Off-Post!

We HAD Internet and phone for a couple hours on Thanksgiving, but when we came home from dinner it was off and they can't fix it until Monday :( I hope it's not a sign of things to come with this service, but we'll see!! Once the phone is fixed, we'll have free calls to the states!!
Thanksgiving was fun - we went over to Vic's sponsor's house (who lives a couple buildings down) with a few other families and they had a TON of food. I brought chicken dip and stuffing ... the chicken dip was a huge hit, but I can't say the same for the stuffing.
The next night we took the bus into downtown Schweinfurt with the Logan's (John was at AIT with Vic and now they live across the street). They opened the Christmas Market downtown and it was really pretty. We weren't really prepared for how cold it was going to be, so we're going to head back next weekend during the day.
Huge building in the square. I'm not sure what it is, and I was too cold to find out. There is supposed to be a really good restaurant attached - so we'll have to check that out soon.

 
 Live sheep in the middle of the square.

 Statue in the square ... again, I'll find out what this is all about when it's warmer.


Full view of the Christmas Market. These things are huge in Germany and each town has their own. Schweinfurt has a really small one, but we're hoping to get to a couple of the bigger ones before the season is over.

One of the stranger things in Germany is that almost all vehicles are Mercedes or BMWs ... taxis, semi-trucks, dump trucks, buses, etc.


McDonald's!!

This is called a Doner and it's amazing!! It's Turkish and I'm not even sure what is inside, but I could probably eat one everyday. You can get them at little cafes downtown and they are only 3 euro.

This is the only coat I have that still zips! 

German dollar store. Everything is one Euro!!

Vic is done with in-processing and starts his first full week of work tomorrow. I'm going to try to stay busy with baby classes and getting registered with everything. We are loving it here!!

1 comment:

  1. The town looks so cute & fun!! Your Dad will be so proud to know you scoped out the McDs on your first visit to town ;-) You know me & Christmas...I would be all over the marketplace! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete