Monday, December 5, 2011

First German Doctor Appointment

First of all, poor Vic left the house at 4am dressed like this. He had to race home for the appointment and now he's back at work until who knows when. He was definitely a good sport today!


The whole doctor experience went really well, but it is so different from in the states. They are very thorough and privacy is really low on their priority list. One weird thing to me was that the nurse had me in her office and was asking me about my medical history - then all of a sudden just pulled out some needles and took my blood. No gloves, no sterile environment ... just right there at her little desk. Then I got these crazy belts strapped to me and laid around for about 30 minutes (this is when Vic took a nap). Then the fun stuff started. I won't go into details, because I'm sure nobody is interested ... but they don't do sheets, gowns, curtains,etc. As a girl who really likes my privacy ... this was probably the craziest thing. The doctor seems really nice and speaks English fairly well. She told us everything looks good!!

I wish I could turn these pictures the right way, but this site is in German so I have no clue how to do that. Turn your head to the right to see Baby Elliott!! This one he is making a face like he ate something sour!!


This one would have been a good shot, but he has the umbilical cord in front of his face. The doctor mentioned several times how big his head was, so that makes me a little nervous! She also did a close-up 3D shot of his crotch and said, 'there's his balls' ... so we definitely still have a boy! All-in-all it was a good experience and I'm happy with the doctor and the hospital


After we left the hospital we took the bus home. This is the bus station - kind of weird because it's really modern, but in the middle of this old German city. We got there a little early for our connecting bus, so of course we had to eat a Doner.


Vic took me to his favorite Doner spot. You can see the big pieces of mystery meat that they slice from. So good!


I'm writing this all really fast before the bus comes, so excuse any spelling and grammar errors!!

1 comment: