Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nuremberg Train Museum

E and I ventured to Nuremburg to check out the train museum. The museum itself was awesome, and E had a blast ... but, never again. I will never venture back to that place without an extra set of hands. There was too much to see, too many flashing lights, too many moving trains ... E was a mad man - drunk with train excitement.

Getting there and parking was a breeze ... we arrived in the city a little early, so we went on the hunt for a bäckerei to get E's favorite - a pretzel.

It was Sunday, so it took a little searching, but we finally found something open ... and of course, they had pretzels ...



I love Nuremburg ... I think I have been half a dozen times, and I'm still in awe of this church ...


Vic and I ate at this little restaurant before he deployed ... see the funny little door? It was very medieval ...


The train museum ...

This room was huge and full of these trains ...


Driving a train ...

Look at the concentration ...


Next stop Düsseldorf!! Which reminds me ... we need to visit Düsseldorf ...


There was this wooden train that the kids to ride on ... it went through real tunnels and everything ...


In other news ... E has learned to open doors. He can now reach the door handles - he's just using the stool to try to reach the top lock that is keeping him prisoner. This new development is terrifying ... our doors won't automatically lock, so I have to remember that top lock!! The pictures on the door are things E's has made for daddy at home or at daycare ... just waiting for him to come home!


Potty training is gaining a little momentum ... he asks to wear big boy underwear every morning ... some days they last longer than others.


We are finishing up our travel plans. Along with our cruise in October - I booked a Paris trip for May and an England and Ireland trip for July. Besides Vic's sister coming in August - we are pretty much done with trip planning. It's relieving ... and kind of sad. We won't get to see everything that we originally set out to do, but we'll come pretty close!!

The trip to Paris in May includes a stop at Disney Paris ... I'm pretty sure I will be more excited than Elliott. The England and Ireland trip is a doozy ... five days in London and three in Dublin ... three flights altogether - we may need a vacation after that vacation. Vic's best friend lives in London, so I know he's excited to catch up with him!

I took Roscoe to the vet yesterday. She agreed that he is definitely sick, but she's not sure of the problem. She ran a lot of blood tests, and we are hoping to hear something tomorrow!

No news on Vic's potential return ... but as you can tell by the trip planning - we're pretty confident he'll be home earlier than expected ...

1 comment: