Saturday, June 14, 2014

D-O-N-E!

Whew ... that's it! I'm finally done with school! I turned in my last paper late Friday night ... or early Saturday morning, and I don't think I have ever been so excited. I won't have final grades back until the middle of next week, but it feels great to be done.

A big huge thank you to my Mimi and my Big Mimi for making it possible for me to go back to school - there's no way I could have done it without them. My Big Mimi was one of the coolest people to ever walk this earth, so it makes me happy that I was able to accomplish something because of her ... and not letting them both down was probably the only reason that kept me from throwing in the towel several times!

We're going to have a BBQ next weekend to celebrate - we love any excuse to throw a party :)

Yesterday I was able to get Elliott a coveted spot in daycare on a Friday - and even better - it was a FULL day opening. Vic and I took this rare opportunity to spend the day at the lake with friends. We missed E, but he had a blast at school.

We took out the paddle boats in a boys vs girls competition. The boys utilized their slide - while we had no desire to jump in the freezing water.




It was a great day, but I'm paying for it now with a pretty good sunburn!

Elliott is doing great. He's very bossy, but so creative and smart. This week he mastered counting to five ... sometimes he'll go up to seven if the mood strikes him right, but he has five down. He loves building things and anything construction related ... God forbid we walk past a construction site - we'll be stuck there for 20 minutes looking at the 'big diggers'. He loves art too, and drawing and painting ... and drawing with his mouth? I walked in the living room and found him doing the the other morning ...


He is so brave at the park ... I feel like all the other moms get to sit back and relax, and I'm constantly running around making sure he's not diving off of things and sliding down curly slides head first. He's a maniac ...


We are headed to Nuremberg for the day, and then we're going to eat at our favorite sushi place tonight. The beautiful weather is still going strong in Bavaria, so we're enjoying every minute of it!

I am not sure what I'm going to do with all of my free time, but I'm going to start by reading a book - my first one that's not a textbook in quite awhile!

1 comment:

  1. You are to be congratulated for getting your master's degree. Papa and I are proud of you. Of course we never had a doubt you would not finish the job. Amazing to accomplish so much with a toddler to watch and in a husband in turkey. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Kick back,and enjoy the rest of your time in Germany. Hi to mr E. and ahug too!!! He is a smart little boy. Hit to Vic, has to be glad to be home with the family. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete