Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day at the Pool ...

On Tuesday E and I headed to the pool with my friend Shannon and her daughter Kazilee. Elliott and Kazilee (or Lee-Lee, as he calls her) are so funny ... they love to play with each other, but they never talk. There's a lot of laughing, but very few words exchanged between the two of them ... so weird. They are really cute together though ...

The pool is Grafenwoehr is awesome, and this was my first time checking it out - as we usually opt for the lake. We picked a great day to go - the weather was great and we had the pool to ourselves for the first couple of hours. Elliott had an absolute blast.


I think they went down this slide over 100 times ... it never got old.



I love this pool because everything was very independent. Of course I had to watch E in the water, but there was an adjoining playground where he would have played for days if I let him. It was much more relaxing than the lake - where we have to constantly stay right by his side ...



E is doing fantastically with potty-training, but the pool still scares me. I cannot even imagine the look of horror on the Germans' faces if my kid dropped a load in their pristine pool. It's not a risk I'm willing to take, so the swim diaper will stay on for awhile longer!




They did this for about an hour ... in pure silence ...




The Germans love in-ground trampolines. A lot of parks have them. I even busted out a couple of back flips!




Elliott dropped his hat in the toilet (I'm not even sure how that happens) ... so decided to wear Kazilee's ... Vic hasn't seen this picture yet - I'm sure he'll love it :)


We're hoping for some nice weather this weekend, so we can take Vic!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I think the Germans have great play areas for little ones. Have fun on your trip we will be thinking of you all. America has embraced the games of soccer. They fill the bars early in anticipation of the game. Crazy. Love you all, hugs and kisses. Mimi and papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Elliott and Lee-Lee look so adorable. You can tell how much they enjoyed the pool. Too cute! Anyway, I'm sure you had a hard time telling them that it was time to go home. You know how kids are with pools. Hahaha! I hope you enjoyed the day at the pool as well, K. All the best to the whole family! :)

    Joanne Henry @ Tranquility Pools

    ReplyDelete